Should I Wash My Swimsuit After Each Wear?
Should I wash my swimsuit after each time I wear it?
This is a most definitely a positive YES!
Even washing while wearing during the day would be great too.
It is so important to rinse and then wash your curvy swimsuits as so many of the elements can damage the beautiful swimsuit fabrication. Pool chemicals, prolonged sun exposure, salt water, sand, high temperatures, body oils, moisturisers, fake tans and sunscreens are just a few of the elements that can affect your swimsuit and start to make it degrade and fade.
Resort and public pools have a much higher level of chlorine chemicals which damage, degrade and discolour swimwear. Please Click through here for more information on the effects of Chlorine.
To keep your beautiful new Artesands curve fit or plus size swimsuit in perfect shape and condition for the seasons to come it’s REALLY important to follow our care instructions on how to look after your swimsuit correctly. It’s important that your swimsuit garment care instructions are followed after every single wear.
Garment Care Instructions
- Rinse immediately after use in cold water. This helps to wash off any chlorine, chemicals, saltwater, sunscreen or sand before they can damage your swimsuit fabrication.
- Rinse and hand wash after every single wear
- Hand wash in cold water with a mild detergent after each and every wear even if you don’t go swimming.
- Gently squeeze out any excess water, be careful not to wring out, rub or scrub our beautiful fabrication.
- Drip dry immediately after hand washing in the shade and out of direct sunlight, do not forget about your wet curvy swimsuit
- The best drying technique is to lay your swimsuit flat to dry in the shade away from direct sunlight.
- Avoid drying your swimsuit in direct sun, this becomes quite challenging if you are trying to get a tan.
- Don’t not wring out, rub or scrub your swimsuit to prevent excessive stretching
- Do not soak your swimsuit for long periods of time or overnight
- Do not machine wash your swimsuit
- Do not use bleach on swimwear
- Don’t use harsh chemicals on your swimwear
- Do not iron your swimsuit
- Do not dry clean your swimsuit
- Do not tumble dry your swimsuit
- Avoid contact with sunscreens, suntan lotions, fake tans, body oils and moisturisers. We suggest applying the lotions and sunscreens and leave to dry BEFORE you get into your curvy or plus size swimsuit.
- Avoid Spas, hot tubs, Jacuzzi’s and any other highly chlorinated pool / water environments
- Rotate your swimwear, take more than one swimsuit with you on vacation and rotate them on alternate days
- Avoid all harsh chemicals
- Avoid contact with rough surfaces like pebbles, rocks and suggest always using a towel when sitting on sand, stone or tiles.
- Avoid sitting on the pool edge
- Always sit on a towel when on the beach, avoid sitting directly on the sand, pebbles or rocks.
- Avoid contact with jewellery, as jewellery can snag swimwear fabrication
- Some colours on your swimsuit may fade in sunlight or chlorinated water over time, colours may bleed or transfer when wet.
- Most resort hotel pools have a shower next to the pool, we encourage you to shower with clean water during the day and each time you get out of a heavily chlorinated pool.
- Spa’s! - can we say avoid? But we can’t as they are so much fun whilst on holidays. We suggested taking a separate swimsuit that you wear only in the spa. Maybe an old swimsuit that already has signs of ageing or a chlorine resistant swimsuit would be ideal, click through here to see our range of curvy and plus size chlorine resistant swimsuit styles (coming soon).
- Dry you garment completely, and we understand that this is quite challenging in some tropical locations and climates.
Always read and follow our care instructions provided on the care label inside your brand-new curve fit or plus size swimwear garment. The most important thing you can do for prolonging the life of your beautiful new swimwear is to launder and care for it correctly.
Women's Curvy Swimwear
Unsure of your Artesands size?
Don’t worry we have a step by step blog on how to measure your body to find your perfectly fitting curvy swimsuit.
All of our women’s curve fit women’s swimwear is available in plus sizes US 8 - US 20 and sizes AUST 12 - AUST 24.
To find swimwear in your size click the size link:
FREE shipping on orders over $150 AUD