I've received my new swimsuit and it's crushed; can I iron the wrinkles out?
No, you cannot iron your swimsuit. Never under any circumstances put an iron to your swimsuit, the extreme heat of the iron will melt and ruin the fabrication of your beautiful new curve fit or plus size swimsuit.
Our swimsuits are made of synthetic materials nylon and elastane. These fibres have low melting point and will burn if you put an iron to them. Because our swimsuits contain elastane they will not easily wrinkle when washed and dried properly following our care instructions.
The best way to remove wrinkles from your swimsuit is to hang on a hanger in your bathroom whilst you are having a shower. The steam from your shower will help the wrinkles drop out of your beautiful new curve fit or plus size swimsuit.
Here are some quick drying recommendations for your new curve fit swimsuit that does not involve an iron and will help remove any creases or wrinkles.
- Don’t iron (just had to reinforce that one again)
- Don’t dry clean
- Do not dry in a dryer. Machine drying is too rough for fragile swimsuits and will ruin the fabric and shape of the garment.
- Don’t use bathroom electric dryers to dry your swimsuit
- Don’t twist and squeeze out excess water. Gently squeeze out the water, roll up the swimsuit in a clean towel to coax out most of the water. Be gentle and don’t wring it out. It may be tempting, but the twisting motion is very damaging.
- Do not hang the swimsuit in sunlight, never leave the swimsuit exposed to direct sunlight, the UV rays can cause the fabric to fade.
- Do not leave rolled up wet or store when damp.
- Do not soak or bleach
- Do hang your swimsuit up to air dry
- We recommend to dry your swimwear where possible on a flat surface. Placing swimwear on a towel or a drying rack will help to keep them from stretching out and will help keep the cups in shape.
- Do drip dry in the shade in a well-ventilated area
- Do roll your swimsuit in a towel to remove excess water
- Do follow our care instructions to get the best result from your swimwear
- Make sure your swimsuit in really dry before packing away or storing.
Women's Curvy Swimwear
Unsure of your Artesands size?
Don’t worry we have a step by step blog on how to measure your body to find your perfectly fitting curvy swimsuit.
All of our women’s curve fit women’s swimwear is available in plus sizes US 8 - US 20 and sizes AUST 12 - AUST 24.
To find swimwear in your size click the size link:
FREE shipping on orders over $150 AUD