How Often Should I Replace My Curvy Fit Swimsuit?
Here at Artesands we like to think that with your curve fit and plus size swimsuits that you don’t have to replace them often if you care for your swimsuit really well and follow our garment care instructions.
We can’t stress enough the importance of laundering and washing of your swimsuit correctly. We know it may seem like a hassle and a lot of work in a busy life but if our beautiful curvy swimsuits are laundered correctly you can get the most out of your swimsuit for a few seasons.
Please click through here to read how to BEST launder your beautiful new curve fit or plus size swimsuit.
Knowing when it’s time to get a new swimsuit will be completely up to the individual, but below we have listed some tell tale signs of when it is definitely time to splurge on a new curve fit swimsuit.
We all know that over time our beautiful swimsuits will be affected by the elements and we will need to make an update to our swimwear wardrobe as unfortunately swimsuits don’t last forever.
Signs that it's time to purchase a new swimsuit
- Here’s our list of the early signs that it’s time to purchase a new swimsuit.
- Chlorine damage is starting to appear on your swimsuit. Not sure of what the early signs of chlorine damage is? Click through here to read our blog on How chlorine affects our swimwear (coming soon).
- Your beautiful swimsuit is starting to discolour from sunscreen damage. Sunscreen is a necessary evil, and unfortunately sunscreen can not only damage the fabric but also does that unattractive discolouration effect. Read our blog here on the effects of sunscreen on swimwear.
- The internal elastics have started to lose their stretch and have started to deteriorate.
- The swim pant bottom has got a bit saggy. Okay, if your swimsuit has got to this point (this is not an early sign) this is a sign to throw this swimsuit in the bin as no one likes a saggy arse.
- Starting to go a bit see through. Now this is something we don’t want, a see-through swimsuit besides being unappealing is now not UPF protected and there is a high chance you could burn through your swimwear.
- You don’t feel comfortable in your swimsuit anymore. This is a major point, purchasing a swimsuit is hard enough so make sure any swimsuit you wear makes you feel great and supported.
- You are not feeling as supported in your swimsuit. This can happen with chlorine and sun damage. The elastics that are used on the internals of the garment will start to degrade (if your swimsuit is not laundered correctly) and will no longer offer the same under bust a support.
- The colour is fading. This is both an ascetic reason and also a practical reason. A faded swimsuit means that the fabrics are starting to lose their UPF rating and therefore becomes an increased chance that you will get sun burnt through your swimmers.
- Loving the new seasons styles more than last seasons. I can’t help this; I’m such a fashion girl and I love to have a new look for each season.
- But when it comes to your UPF required sun safe styles like our curve fit sun tops and sun suits, to keep the UPF high we encourage yearly purchases.
Here is my personal hack for swimsuit purchases. I buy a new curvy swimsuit that I love every year. As we all know how confident we feel when we are wearing a new fully supported curve fit swimsuit. By laundering my swimsuits well and washing them correctly after each wear, I'm then able to have the last 2 years swimwear purchases in my summer swimwear cycle as well. I like to keep my older swimsuits for occasions when I’m going to be in a harsh environment i.e. like a resort spa... a spa can do sooo much damage to a swimsuit. And I really don’t like having my new season swimsuit put through that much stress.
At Artesands we release new ranges all the time, click through here to see our latest arrivals of all our curve fit and plus sizes swimwear styles.
Women's Curvy Swimwear
Unsure of your Artesands size?
Don’t worry we have a step by step blog on how to measure your body to find your perfectly fitting curvy swimsuit.
All of our women’s curve fit women’s swimwear is available in plus sizes US 8 - US 20 and sizes AUST 12 - AUST 24.
To find swimwear in your size click the size link:
FREE shipping on orders over $150 AUD